- Published on 10 Aug 2018
- - Investment & Financial Advice
Do you need a financial advisor when choosing between the name brand can of tomatoes or picking up the cheaper store brand can. Clearly not… But, the financial decisions that we make day to day eventually all add up and impact on our financial futures. While choosing between cans of tomatoes is a small financial decision, it relates to the bigger financial choices we make, such as the decision to change jobs, buy a new car, pay for university or pay for your child’s private education. These financial decisions, while exciting, can also be quite a daunting experience if you haven’t got the right tools to equip yourself for making the right choices and decisions.
So how do you know if you could benefit from meeting with a financial advisor? Well, a financial advisor will be able to aid across a whole range of areas where your financial decisions are concerned, these can include decisions such as:
- Buying a home: you could benefit from the expertise of a professional financial advisor if you are considering buying a home, as they can assist you in choosing an appropriate mortgage (and how it is structured) or taking out a suitable loan that fits your financial budget and needs.
- Savings and investments: a financial advisor can help you make informed and rewarding decisions where savings and investments are concerned.They will complete a full evaluation of your financials and tailor advice to suit your personal needs.The advice they propose will be exclusive to you and will help pave the path to a financial future where you have the greatest likelihood of achieving your own financial goals.
- Retirement planning: if you are nearing retirement or perhaps giving thought to how and when you want to retire, you could benefit from the help of a financial planner who specialises in retirement and pension planning.They will be able to set up a retirement plan for you and help you work towards you goal.They will advise you on how you can maximise your funds for your future retirement.
- Getting advice on financial products: with the ever-growing list of available super funds and insurance products out there it’s hard to choose just one.Financial planners will use their knowledge of the industry and expertise to guide you towards a super fund that best suits your profile. They will invest your capital based on your risk profile and ensure your balance doesn’t dwindle away in fees.Financial planners can also assist you if you are considering insurance but don’t know where to start.They’ll be able to determine the level of cover you need while still ensuring you are able to comfortably meet your premium payments.
These are only a few examples of the reasons why you should consider financial advice, there are many more reasons to consider seeing an expert when it comes your financial future. If you feel as if you fit into of the above-mentioned categories or simply want some help in organizing or taking charge of your finances, consider sitting down a certified professional financial planner.
LifeTime Financial Group are specialist (holding appropriate accreditations) advisors who are ideally positioned to assist you in selecting and then managing your retirement funds.
Would you like to discuss your personal position further with one of our highly qualified financial planners? Why not call us today on 03 9596 7733?
There is no cost or obligation for our initial conversation/meeting.
Written by Hugo Sampson of LifeTime Financial Group. A leading privately owned Melbourne Financial Planning practice.